Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baby Books

I don't know about you but I am horrible about keeping up with the baby books. I think they area great idea, however to find time to write down stuff and to remember to do so is impossible for me.

I know as a "good mother" I should be doing this but I'm lucky that I remember to feed my children some days, let alone writing in a book. A book that they will probably not care if I kept for them or not.

I never had one. I have one with all my report cards in it, and I've been known to look through it on occassion, however I don't feel like I missed something just because I don't have a book with all my firsts in it.

My husband on the other hand pretty much criticized me for not keeping up with it. He didn't mean it as criticism but you know how a woman can react to certain things. He even attempted to do it himself, but then he either lost interest in it or he gave up. Not sure which.

In some ways I am sad that I don't have any written documentation of when they first said mommy or when they ate their first fruit, but I know that in the end, it's not important that I know that, it's important that I give them as much love as I can and that I be the best mommy that I can be to them. It's their memories that will account for more than what I may write in a book.

If you're wondering what made me think of this, I just found their books in my desk drawer. Yeah haven't written anything in either of them in forever. Oooops.

1 comments:

Chaos Mommy said...

I think for each of the three kids I added a few things during that first year like first words or first steps or something, but nothing too extensive. And you know what? You HAVE an account of the boys' goings on for at least the past year or so with the blog and the cafemom journals. So you can just start now and save all the stuff you've written about them on to a disk and then they'll have stories of themselves. Even better than a book! (that you know a boy probably won't look at when he grows up anyway!)